03 June 2009

Cooooo-kies!

To start off I thought it might be fun to show a little blast from the past.  It's really easy on our new computer to find pictures from forever ago, and it's crazy easy to post them, too.
This picture is from when Erik and I were dating and we went up to Kitt's Peak near Tucson.  One of my favorite pictures.
This one is nearly four years old!  This was on our way up to Alaska from Tucson after we got married.  It's hard to believe that that was almost four years ago.
This one was from "Traynor Day 2006", that's what our shirts say.  My family made our own holiday and spent it at Six Flags in Missouri before heading to my Grampa's farm.  
This is Reid at almost six months, the age the babies are now.  What a cute little guy.
Eating solid foods.  I was trying to make a Nacho Libre mustache.
Just being angelic and beautiful.

That tour through the Olsen archives leads us to the present time.  This is what our days look like.  Have I mentioned that Heavenly Father sent us the two most spit-up-y babies of all-time?  At the same time?  It's true.  I guess that's just part of the deal, and we sure love the rest of the deal, so we're trying to be patient with the spit-up part.  It's not even embarrassing anymore to walk around at church with huge spit-up splats all over me. 
Dane is demonstrating a site I see many, many times a day.  In fact, as I'm typing this, I just heard someone spit-up on the floor nearby as he's playing.  I'm guessing it was Dane this time.  Dane tends to spit-up, then get tired from rolling around and then buries his head in the blanket, or should I say, the pool of spit-up on the blanket.  So, he ends up with it all over his face.  I've had to wash it out of his eyelashes before.  Come to think of it, I've had to wash spit-up out of my eyelashes before...
To sum up, lots of spit-up around here. 
We've tried everything.  But if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.
Here's Alec showing the toll that spitting up takes on a little dude.
The babies have started on rice cereal and doing pretty well with it.  Except for the time (above) when Dane sneezed just as I was putting a spoonful in his mouth.
Alec, wondering why mom is taking a picture and not giving him more food.
Dane is on the left and Alec is on the right, and I love this picture because this is also something we see a lot of.  See Dane checking out his hand?  He does it all the time.  
All the time.
Alec will do it, too.  But Dane is fascinated with his hands.  Cracks me right up.
Fun shots of them playing mid-change.  Here's Alec.
And here's Dane.
A few shots of the happy babies.  They interact with each other more and more everyday and it's so much fun to see.  Reid is interacting more with them, too.  Which is funny.  He'll talk to them a lot now, and if one is crying we hear him say, kind of sternly, "Baby!  Stop crying!  Stop crying, baby!"  Pretty funny.



Here's Erik playing with the little guys.  All three of the boys just can't get enough of Erik.  They want mom if they're hungry, cranky, or not feeling well.  Other than that, they want Erik.  Not a very fair deal, I say.
Erik and Dane.
Erik and Alec.
The babes.  Alec is on the right, and he's getting bigger.  It's a relief to see him thriving and growing.  We've found a formula that he will take and that's a miracle for us.  We tried like 5 or 6 different kinds, and the last one we tried (Nutramigen) is working.  They are both 1/2 and 1/2 right now, half breastmilk and half formula.  My body's exhausted.  
But they're growing and they're healthy and it's wonderful.
Here's Reid being cute.  See the toothbrush in his hand?  It's something funny everyday, some random object that he'll carry around.  He isn't really attached to any blanket or stuffed animal or anything, so it's funny each day to see what he's going to carry around.
Lastly, here's Reid licking the beater from when we made graham crackers.  Again.  Man, we love those things.  Reid calls them "cooooo-kies" and he can't get enough of them.  It's a great recipe because it's not much sugar or butter, a lot of wheat flour, and no eggs so I can let Reid snitch the dough and not worry about him getting a tapeworm or something.  Seriously, make them today.  You'll love them.  Erik enjoys them with frosting on top.  Oh, someday I'll share my favorite way to roll out cookies, it's easy and makes the idea of spending the time to roll them out much more feasible.

That's what we're up to.
In summary:
I've been loving Erik for a long time now, Reid was a cute baby, the boys spit-up a lot but are darn cute despite the fact, and Reid needs a haircut.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Love the dating shots and newly marrieds. It is also so cute to see pics of little Reid and to see how he looks like the babies.

Lynn said...

Loved walking down your memory lane!

Your boys get cuter every day!

Unknown said...

I love the old pictures! I cannot believe how big the boys are getting! And that you are still nursing-you are amazing. I hope you are all doing well

Unknown said...

I probably say this everytime i leave a comment but it is true...... The boys are so cute!!!!! I luv the old pictures of them and you guys!!

Linda T said...

I am a mom of 3 boys (and another baby on the way). All 3 of the boys were spitters, and it wasn't always fun. I share in your pain! I always thought babies were supposed to smell nice, but mine always smelled like puke! It usually ended by about their first birthday - I know it was a long haul! Enjoy your busy time of life. It's exhausting at times, but so wonderful!

Linda T
www.jlozn.blogspot.com

Ann Traynor said...

Emily,
I think we'll have to fight you for the title of the 2 most spit-upy babies in the world at the same time. Too bad there's no way to measure the spit up my twins produced 5 years ago, so then we could know for sure. But I think I can claim the laundry queen title: A few months ago I had 2 bed wetters, 1 potty-trainer, and a baby spitting up all over himself and me. That's 5 major laundry producers. Only Matt and Nicole stayed clean sometimes. For what it's worth, I certianly don't think twice when I see a mom with spit up all over her shirt, even at church. It's one of those motherhood badges. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin