this last weekend was General Conference. Twice a year the leaders of my church address the body of the church (and the world at large, actually) and give counsel, love and support. It's wonderful. I heard someone call it "spring cleaning for the soul" and that's exactly right.
You can listen to clips here.
(in a few days you'll also be able to watch clips or read in .pdf files)
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the current economy, feeling financially and emotionally strapped and wondering what your family can do? (listen to Elder Robert D. Hales from the Saturday morning session)
Feeling alone, lonely and a little forgotten? (listen to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland from the Sunday morning session)
Feeling like life changes so fast and not always for the better? Are those changes getting you down? (listen to Elder Steven E. Snow from the Sunday morning session)
Feeling like life is just too much to figure out on your own? Wondering how to find your path? (listen to Elder F. Michael Watson from the Sunday afternoon session)
I promise you'll feel like your soul just got a big drink of Gatorade, a renewed sense of purpose, energy, devotion, peace and joy.
If you did watch Conference, what were your favorite talks? I usually feel like there's a theme that sort of surfaces (one time like 4 people used the parable of the Good Samaritan in their talks) and this time it seemed like the theme was temple attendance and understanding temple covenants. What did you think?
Okay, now I'm done.

2 comments:
We LOVED conference! I actually stayed alert and took notes while the girls & boy played quietly and/or slept. It was what my soul needed.
I definitely took in a lot from conference. I have my DVR to thank for that so I can work it around our kids' needs...naps, lunch, random yelling, etc.
Post a Comment