Some good ideas for a Thursday afternoon:

This one was my idea. I have a bunch of fat quarters (for you sewing folk) that are just sitting around, waiting to be used. I also love cloth napkins. So, I figured, how about I make these fat quarters into napkins! My mom and I serged the edges with a rolled hem (lickety-split) and now they're all ready to go. We actually had company over on Monday night for our standing cards night (after FHE together) and I could have used them for dinner that night, but Erik grilled ribs. Messy ribs. I know it may bother some that if you did this your stash fabric might get dirty, but the way I figure it is that if you are someone who would use a vintage (used) tablecloth in a quilt project (I would)...then what's the difference with this? Someday when these fabrics make it into a quilt, they may have a little wear on them, and that's fine with me.
But I draw the line at ribs.

When we moved into our house 2 months ago, a family from the ward that lives down the street brought over this pan of brownies for us. It said (before I started eating them in a very unladylike fashion) "Welcome to the neighborhood Olsen Family." Isn't that so cute? And nice? And yummy?

So as I'm cutting up the brownies, I see something strange about the bottom of the pan. (Look to the left of the knife in the first picture...do you see an "S"?) I look at the bottom of the pan and see that she had etched the family's last name onto the plate. Genius! Ward Party Potluck Dilemma SOLVED! I even happen to have some ArmorEtch from Michael's sitting in my craft area. I love this idea.

And lastly, I saw this on
Design Mom and loved it. I mean, LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It's a play tent, made out of great fabrics, and just the cutest thing. Check out the
etsy shop here.
So, there's some good ideas for you.
Next up, posts of cute babies.
2 comments:
I am using the fat quarter idea!!! LOVE IT! I too am in love with cloth napkins! Thanks for the idea!!!
I LOVE those fabrics you used for your napkins.
Post a Comment