16 April 2009

it's going to be awesome

I am SO excited!  Reid turns two soon and I'm having a great time planning his party.  I LOVE throwing parties and am always looking for an excuse to have a party.  The huz is, however, not so much a fan of having lots of people over/fussing on him/etc.  So parties for him aren't always an option.  Parties for me are kind of lame, you know...fishing.  But now I have cute kids to throw parties for!

Reid is WAY into letters.  All things alphabet.  We play with letter games a lot, read a lot...and he's learned to recognize about half the alphabet.  It's amazing, we'll be sitting at the table eating and he'll look at the words on a bottle of salad dressing or something and say "R?"  Or look at words on Erik's shirt and say "B?"  

It's so fun to see Reid learning and growing.  It's like all these letters around him were just strange shapes before but now they mean something.  He can spell his name, too.  He'll point to the letters in his room, or the letters on the cool bracelet Erik's mom gave him, and spell his name.  How did this kid get so smart?

So, he's going to have an alphabet party.  It's going to be all about letters.  
Since we don't watch TV, only movies sometimes, then he's not really into anything else.  Like Dora or something.  No, that's not true.  He's crazy about Barney.  My mom got him a Barney DVD when she was here to help when the babies were born.  He's hooked.  But, I'm not about to have a Barney party, or a Hello Dolly party (his other favorite), so we'll stick with letters.

I'll post more about it as it happens, but here's the invitation we've sent to his little friends.
Kids are so much fun!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a cute invitation! And I love how you call Erik your Huz... or better yet, when you refer to him as "the huz" SO FUNNY! HAHAHA

Lynn said...

Looks like it will be a fantastic fun party for all!

I love that invite...wish I was that creative.

Anonymous said...

OK, so I finally got on Ann's computer. I was needing an Emily blog and kids fix. Loved the pictures. I'll chat when I get home. Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin