Nice. I like that title.
In college I had a roommate Shannon (who is the coolest combination of hippy/cowgirl/social activist I've ever seen) who had an idea that it would be fun to make a soundtrack to the events of your day. Then, somehow as you went about your day the music would play in the background, like in a movie. I don't remember many of the songs she would have put in her playlist, but I do remember that she would wake up to Edvard Grieg's "Morning." Appropriately enough.
(if you click on the link and scroll down a bit you can find the song and listen to it. If you scroll down a bit more you'll see "Nocturno" which is my show-off song on the piano. I'm not really as good as this song might make you think, but I try to keep it brushed up and ready to play for times like after I'm practicing new songs and I feel like I'm the world's worst pianist. When I'm all done I play Nocturno and then say to myself, "Check me out! I'm awesome!")
So what would be some songs in your soundtrack? Songs for big moments would be interesting, too, but I'm mostly curious about what would play while you're doing the dishes, or laundry. Or brushing your teeth. Or changing a poopy diaper.
Have you seen the really dumb movie "Maid in Manhattan"? You know that very contrived scene where all of a sudden J. Lo and her co-workers start dancing to the song that goes, "I'm coming out. I want the world to know-oh, got to let it show-oh..." I think that would be a good song for while I'm getting dressed. Besides that, I'm going to need some time to think, but I'd love to hear your ideas.
19 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
K, so having a toddler around the house, I have a tendency to make up my own lyrics for everyday stuff to the tunes of common songs. I'll share a couple of examples:
Poopy Diapers: (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It")
Oh, you have a poopy diaper, yes you do! (Woo Hoo! -[Darren says this!]) Oh, you have a poopy diaper, yes you do! Woo Hoo! It smells yucky and it's gross, so I have to plug my nose, oh you have a poopy diaper, yes you do! Woo Hoo!
Another one....
Bathtub song: (to the tune of "It's Autumn Time" from the primary songbook)
It's tubby time, it's tubby time. Let's all splash around. It's tubby time, it's tubby time. Clean babies will be found!
So, these are typically the types of music in my life. Although, I am currently working on recording my own CD (I record tomorrow!), and so quite often the songs I'm putting on my CD are running through my head during all my everyday stuff, though they nothing to do with everyday things. I love reading your blog. It makes me miss you guys!
Post a Comment