11 November 2008

In my dreams.

Things are going well with our new (new to us, new to the world in 1962) house. We should be closing at the end of the month. We won't move until the new year because our lease here goes through February, plus it's crazy talk to even think about moving around the arrival of our little boys. Anyways, (imagine I said that like Nacho Libre, I can't say it any other way now) as I think about the move I am once again deep into purge mode. I always feel this electric pulse inside me to simplify, simplify, simplify. I'm excited to get rid of stuff that has been figuratively weighing me down. (The babies are taking care of the "weighing me down" business in the literal sense.) It is, however, hard to get rid of books. Between Erik and I, we have boxes and boxes of books that we'll never need or want to read...ever...again. But books seem to have a lot more intrinsic value than a dress I've never really liked but have had since I was in Jr. High. Right? Plus, there's the problem of my daydreams of rooms like this one:


And just look at that big ladder, like in Bedknobs and Broomsticks, or Music Man, or...one of those places that has lots and lots of books. What are those called?
Very lovely. Oh, my daydreams are powerful things. They're not to be discounted, though. Have you read "the Secret"? It's pretty quacky. My friend Julie describes it as 70% common sense, 20% doctrine, and 10% lies. Something like that. I think she's right. However, whilst trying to stay in the healthy 90% of the secret, I think I have a pretty powerful transmission tower. I try to put a lot of positive vibes out there in the form of wishful thinking. It works, too. I'm pretty sure that that's how I got Erik, our sweet little Reid, and these two boys coming our way. That, or the fact that I'm blessed beyond what I deserve. Yeah, probably that.
I'm still going to use my powers of the law of attraction to try and get a room like that, though.
Couldn't hurt.
Just maybe not in California. When an earthquake breaks us off into the ocean, those books could be pretty dangerous.

2 comments:

Dahlia said...

That would be fun to have a room with books covering the wall...the boys would love the ladder I'm sure ;)

We moved all our books to Kansas and then decided to purge - not the best idea, but on half.com we made a killing. Best of luck!

And I didn't know you had a house...where are the photos of that?

Amy said...

OOOOOHHHHH! I want one too...

Congratulations on the move!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin