I have two recipes that are just too good to keep to myself, both of which involve cream cheese frosting...which, as we know, is the best thing that ever happened to desserts.
Recipe Gem #1
Pumpkin Spice cake (disturbingly easy)
1 box Spice cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin (meaning...not the bigger can that is pumpkin pie mix)
Mix the two together, spread in a greased bundt pan, bake as directed on cake mix box.
Seriously, it's that easy. I usually add an egg, because I don't understand how it will turn out without some sort of leavening ingredient, but it will work out just the same, sans-egg.
Recipe Gem #2
Monkey Bread (I remember having this as a kid. Do other families eat this too?)
4 rolls of regular size biscuits
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. cinnamon
sauce: 1 1/2 sticks margarine (melted), 1 c. sugar, 4 tsp. cinnamon - mix together
Cut the biscuits into quarters and toss with cinnamon and sugar. Put half the biscuit mixture in a greased bundt pan and pour half the sauce mixture over. Repeat with second half of biscuit mixture and second half of sauce mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
(I made this tonight and I think I'd like the sauce part better if it was something like 1 stick margarine with only a 1/2 c. of sugar and the 4 tsp. cinnamon. I don't think you can really go wrong, though.)
and...
the cream cheese frosting that makes the magic happen...
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz.)
1/2 bag of powdered sugar (the bag is 2 lbs. and you only need half...so in other words...1 lb.)
1 T. vanilla
3-4 T. milk
Mix together with an electric mixer until smooth. Use to smother over your slice of pumpkin spice cake, or to dip your monkey bread in. And...you're welcome.
02 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment