06 July 2009

I have a type.

Sometimes I'm a little slow.
The other day I finally realized that when it comes to music, most of my favorite artists have a LOT in common:
solo artist
female
great hair
usually plays the piano
moody

Here are a few examples.

If you're into moody chicks, too, then give them a try.
If you don't limit your interest in moody singers to just girls, then give The Weepies a try. (a moody boy and girl. Also, I should mention, that while I'm not quite prepared to say that the Weepies are my favorite band, theirs are definitely the CDs I listen to more than any other. Probably by double.)
If you like your female moody singers to be backed with a more full-bodied sound (not just a moody piano), then try Hem. (I've mentioned them before, but they're amazing and you should probably just buy a CD of theirs right this minute. Doesn't matter which one. They're all completely wonderful.)


What's your type?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin