28 March 2009

introducing...Grannie!

Welcome to a new blog feature called "introducing..."
This week's installment features my dear, dear, dearest Grannie. When I was in Tucson I found this picture on my mom's computer and just loved all the Grannie-ness about it:
the Lands' End shirt
the soft curls in her hair (who ended up with Grannie's curlers? I loved looking at those things
the little smile
the fact that she's on a horse (what?)
To really get an idea of how amazing this lady is, check out what my cousins had to say about her. I wholeheartedly agree with all of it. I would sure enjoy some gingersnaps or homemade bread right now, too.
If you've known me for very long at all you've no doubt heard me talk about (brag about) how amazing my Grannie is, but now you can have the witness of my 50+ cousins to go along with it.
If heaven could be a person, it would be Grannie.
So go read the link, feel inspired to be better, practice the piano, make some bread, and remember to say your prayers. Let's make Grannie proud. And then let's sit around and visit, Arnett-style. Can't beat that.
Oh, and look at the picture again. See the girl to the right of Grannie and the horse? That's me with my elementary school hair-do (probably about 4th grade). Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily, This blog brought me to tears,tears of pride and gratitude. I see some of her strength in you babe. I'm sure she is proud of you and each of her wonderful grandchildren. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I also have to tell you that it was cute Uncle Spence that got Mother up on that horse. I don't think she would do that for to many others. Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin