So, that's what we're up to. I intend to post a little more regularly, with little snippets of life here on the central coast and in the Olsen home. We're only about 3 months away from the arrival of our sweet baby boys, so things won't be settled for long. But that's okay. I like things to be a little crazy. As if you didn't know that already.
01 September 2008
Out of order
The following pictures are not exactly in perfect order, but then again, that's a pretty good description for life lately. Things are good, and starting to feel a little more settled, but still a little crazy. Here are some highlights:
Heck ya. That would be us at the beach, the beach that is like 10 minutes from our house. It's a nice, mellow, relaxing beach. The temperature doesn't reach more than 75 around here, so the beach isn't quite like a San Diego beach or anything (thank goodness), it's just really beautiful and foggy and peaceful. There's always a nice breeze (thus, the crazy hair you see above), but it's so pleasant. Just about heaven. (I've had some requests for shots of the belly, and I don't really think you know what you're asking for, but here's one... sort of. I'm 23 weeks now, and these babies are picking up speed and getting bigger by the hour, or so it feels. But they are healthy and developing well, and I'm still feeling pretty decent, so...so far, so good.)
I think we have ourselves a little beach baby.
He loved playing in the sand. He was crawling all over, rolling around in it, sitting, on all fours, digging with his hands, digging with his feet...he LOVED it.
Erik's parents were able to visit us for a weekend, and we were so grateful to have the company, and the help! (We are the new owners of a sweet Toyota Sienna, but it seemed like we were at the dealership for forever! I don't know what we would have done without the help! More details to come.)
Again, these aren't in order, but this is from a fun family dinner in Midway a few weeks ago. Reid shares my excitement about being able to get good mexican food now that we're in the lower 48.
Unpacking. It was so fun watching Reid get so excited about all of his old toys. Since he hadn't seen them in a month, it was like they were brand new. And a box to play in? Life is good.

This is what our place looked like for a good week straight. Our packers did an excellent job wrapping things. So much so that we were swimming in paper. We're renting the home we're living in now so we can have some time to figure out where we want to buy, so we're keeping all the paper and boxes to move ourselves again in a few months. I should take a picture of what things look like now, because every one of those papers has been laid flat an put in a nice pile, ready to use again when we move. Oh, and check out the clothes laid out on the couch. When we moved in we realized a problem. Our dryer is electric, and the hook-up is for gas. We ended up going to Home Depot and picking up an inexpensive gas dryer, but for a week or two we were using other means.
Reid and Grandpa Olsen playing at the beach.
This is from the drive down. In the Redwood National Forest there's this place where you can pay $5 to drive through a tree. Worth $5? I don't know, but it was pretty cool to see.

From our trip to Utah. I love the little planes that you can walk in and out of. I don't think I will once the babies are born and Erik and I are each holding a baby while trying to corral Reid, but for now it makes me feel like Jackie O.
Erik took this shot of the Salt Lake City temple. I love that city, and the temple always manages to take my breath away. I love walking around Temple Square, seeing the sights, and feeling so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In a special way, being near a temple always feels like home.
Another picture of enjoying a cool mexican restaurant in Midway. Erik's taking the picture, Reid has his eyes half closed, and Annie has a face full of food. Awesome. It was such a fun trip to be with family, Thanks Mom and Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yeah, what fun pictures. I'm glad you made it to Cali safe. Next time you are in SLC you'll have to let me know. I've been told that I'm only a few hours from there. Reid is absolutly adorable.
So good to see some pictures of you guys enjoying Cali! Reid already looks so much older...and a bit blonder too? What a sweetie! Emily, you look like you're holding up beautifully. I'm so ready to be done with this pregnancy. When I complain, Jeremy reminds me that you're having twins and are probably more uncomfortable than me. He's got such a way with words...ugh...
Can't wait to see more of your house! Miss and love you guys!
Emily - I love you guys. And, you look great and happy! Can't wait to meet your famiy.
Much love!
Dear Emily, I loved all the pictures especially all the ones with Reid in them. He is so stinking cute. I'm glad you are getting settled in Lompoc and I am glad you are feeling so well. You are doing a great job. Love Ya, Mom
I thought I specifically asked you to not post any of the pictures where I look hideous. Oh well, at least the pictures of Reid are so stinkin' adorable that nobody will really even notice. I just saw him a month ago and he already looks bigger!
Post a Comment