03 September 2008

In Memoriam

Last weekend we purchased a rad new Toyota Sienna (room for all our babies!), and while I love it, I didn't feel right about posting pictures and news about it until I properly honored my old car, my wonderful little Subaru. And then...last night we got an email from Celine, the girl that bought the Subaru from us. Erik had emailed her to say that we found the spare key as we were unpacking and that we could mail it to her if she wanted it. She sent us an email back saying that with all the rain they've been getting in Fairbanks this summer, one day she woke up to this:
My poor little Subaru! When Erik was at the computer reading his email, he called me over to tell me the bad news. I sat down on his lap and he was like, "now, I know that this may be hard to see, but it's done now and we had 3 good years with it." Isn't that cute? He knows how much I loved that beautiful little Subaru.
If you wouldn't mind having a little moment of silence for the car...
...
...
...
...
Thank you. It was a good car for us, and just the right size. I'll need a period of mourning before I can officially introduce you all to the new car. Thank you for your understanding.
Oh, and I guess the one to really feel bad for is poor Celine. She had that car for a month before it met its untimely death. That's a bummer. You know, when I was working at Dr. Sonderer's office, we had a lot of senior patients. If one spouse died, usually the other spouse died within a year. Even if they were healthy, they just sort of gave up. Maybe that's how the Subaru felt. It missed me and just sort of gave up without me. That's really tender, actually.
Although still a bummer for Celine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Does she live right near the river or what? So sad...for everyone involved. The car just looks defeated - you're right, it probably missed you :(

And congrats on the new baby Sienna!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! That is Crazy! And I think your theory on why it died is definitely the reason!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin