So that's what's new. Our little (but growing) family enjoying our last summer in Alaska.
23 June 2008
I've got a good excuse
So, yes...things around here have been a little crazy lately. Just goes to show that just because I haven't blogged in over a month, it doesn't mean that there isn't news to share. In fact, we've got some pretty great news. Double news.
How many heads do you see in the above picture? The answer is more than one and less than three.
That's right, we're having twins! This Christmas I'm going to get two babies!. And if you're trying to do the math in your head, I'll save you the trouble. Erik got home at the beginning of March...it adds up. When I called my family to tell them most of them paused for a little bit to do the math. A little funny and a tad insulting. But it all adds up. Our plans have changed quite a bit since we got the good news. Our house and car plans have drastically changed. We're going to have to upgrade straight to a minivan when we sell my awesome little Subaru. And we are no longer considering any home makeover-type houses. No fixer-uppers for us. Thinking about it now is almost laughable. We know that the twins are identical, but we don't know yet if Reid is going to get brothers or sisters. We're excited to find out which it'll be. In other news...check out some of the fun things we've been up to.
A few weeks ago I was curious to see if Reid fit into his ginormous Yoda costume yet. He doesn't.
A really lucky shot of Reid as he's just about to sneeze. Cracks me right up.
Adventures in self-feeding.
Playing with a fun train toy that Grandma and Grandpa Traynor gave him for his birthday. He LOVES it.
Helping me clean, this was the day that Erik came home from his 5 weeks in Alabama.
We stopped for lunch after picking up Erik, and as you can see, it doesn't take much time for Reid to completely forget about mom. Their readjustment time is always about 30 seconds.
Erik reading a magazine and Reid reading the annoying fliers inside.
This is the little plane that Erik has been learning on. He's thisclose to finishing his pilot's license.
When Erik rides his motorcycle to work he wears this vest for visibility. One day when Erik was home for lunch I put it on Reid as a joke, and then he didn't want me to take it off. This is the face he would give me when I would reach for it.
Reid loves to read. He picks up a book and points to things on the page, jabbering the whole time. It's too cute to explain.
Adventures in Alaska. This is a gift shop that in a brochure was described as the "classiest gift shop you'll ever see." That was a lie.
The gang at the Yukon River crossing.
Finally! We made it! We drove to the Arctic Circle, and this sign is pretty much it. We thought the drive would be about 3 hours from Fairbanks, but we were wrong. It was about 6 hours from Fairbanks, so that makes it 12 hours roundtrip. Crazy. More than half of the distance was unpaved road, so that's part of why it took so long. But, we can say we did it, we were in the Arctic Circle!
On Saturday there was a party for our good friends the O'Neils. They are moving to Kansas this week, and we are sure going to miss them. The party was at Chena Lakes and Reid loved all the nature that he could play in. Here's him discovering many, many rocks.
Playing in the water.
He LOVES water, but we just couldn't get a good picture of him with his eyes open. I think I'm going to find a mommy-and-me swim class for us when we get to California.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! ARe you going to change the name of your blog? Ha ha! Hope the move and other big plans go well.
Congratulations!! I always thought twins would be fun... but I'm tired for you already!! How exciting!
What the?!! Double congrats! You guys are amazing parents and we are so SO excited for you. I always thought Emily was superwoman. She can do everything and she does it all really well. I know as challenging as twins may be you'll make it look easy. And identical!! Wow! Good Luck.
OH MY GOSH EMILY! Did you cut your hair? I love it. And you crack me up... when will I see you again? Probably not till after you have three children huh? Crazy... Oh and I love that you did a 12 hour round trip just to take a picture next to a sign. Funny!
Emily!!! I'm so happy for you and Erik... I almost cried (with tears of joy) looking at the ultrasound pictures!! Children are the greatest gift from God. And he's blessed you with TWO... at one time!! Lucky you! ;) Congratulations!! Take care of yourself... and keep "us" posted!! AND REID... He's so CUTE!!...You/he may have inspired me to start blogging.... Well... Maybe when I'm done with school. :)
Elana
Post a Comment