15 July 2007

Summer Love

Last Monday (the 9th), Erik and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We had a great weekend in Denali the few days before, so on Monday night we had dinner and watched a movie that I had been excited to see (we rented from Netflix the movie "An Unreasonable Man" about Ralph Nader. I want to learn more about him, interesting guy that Nader. I definitely recommend the movie.). This is the fancy anniversary dinner: roast, rice, broccoli, and heart-shaped cornbread. I love broccoli, and rice too for that matter. You'll notice that on my plate (the one with the cherry Kool-aid in the glass next to it) doesn't have any roast on it. Why you ask? It wasn't just any roast, it was a moose roast. Yes, you read that right, a MOOSE roast. A friend of Erik's shared his bounty with us, and Erik was excited to try it. I did taste some, and even with my VERY discerning tastebuds I wouldn't have been able to tell it wasn't beef if I didn't know. I also made Erik a berry pie that looked great going into the oven but came out as a big soupy mess. I think that the problem is that I didn't use fresh fruit. I used thawed frozen fruit. I think that makes a difference. Alas, the middle of nowhere, Alaska is not really the place for great fresh fruit. Except at the Farmer's Market...I guess I'll try that next time...which will be in March, I guess. Oh, well.

Can you find the sweetest baby ever?
Getting closer.
A little closer.
Look at that sweet little face. He's dressed up for church, happily napping with a full belly.
This is my favorite kind of shot of these two. We have quite a few, which proves how great a dad Erik is. Reid loves being snuggled up to dad, and I can attest that it's a great place to be, snuggled up to Erik.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin