
While Erik is gone Reid and I are going to do quite a bit of traveling. So much so that I joke that it's like we're a band on tour. So much so that I'm now taking the joke too far. My brain is always wasting time daydreaming about something, and oftentimes I think about cool band names. I have a few favorites, one of which is Guillotine, but I figured that would definitely have to be for a very fierce rock band. It seemed a little to severe for a mother/son non-band outfit. So I went with another favorite which is a much better fit. Introducing...the Alpha Bravos. I think it's a cool name, cool words put together, and it's in pilot language (which is cool). Erik has given me permission to make it "Emily and the Alpha Bravos" once he gets home. I love band names like that. You know, like "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band." "Emily and the Alpha Bravos." I like it. In true Emily fashion, I'm taking this daydream to strange but fun levels. Annie works with an awesome chick Kristina and I pretend that I'm friends with her. Actually, in my head we were roommates at BYU, I have a habit of daydreaming to the point where it's hard to remember what's reality. I think the call that delusional...oh, well. Back to the point, I've asked her to design a logo for the non-band and I'm going to make shirts with the logo on the front and the tour schedule on the back. I think it's pure nonsense, and that's why it's funny. There's a website (cafepress.com) where you can have shirts made, and even baby onesies. That's the cutest part. Little Reid in a non-band onesie. Cute. If you would like to purchase a shirt, I will eventually be taking orders. Oh, and I've taken the nonsense to another unhealthy level. I also daydream about my own business someday, and since right now my business is more of a non-business, I think I'm going to call it Alpha Bravo Designs. I've created a blog for my unbusy business where I plan on posting things I make. I like to make things. Eventually those things will be inventory for a real business, right now it's just blog fodder. So check out the new blog at
http://alphabravodesigns.blogspot.com/ Someday it's going to be big, like David Hasselhoff in Germany kind of big. And because every post is better with a picture, here's one of the magic talking baby. He really does talk, he doesn't speak English yet, but he talks. Loudly. He's got Traynor/Arnett blood in him, for sure. If you're on the phone with me as much as Annie, then you would hear plenty of it. He jabbers all day, happily jabbers...sometimes at the top of his lungs. Cute, and loud. I definitely don't have to worry about things being too quiet around here now that Erik's gone for a while.
2 comments:
The "Alpha Bravos"...coming to a city near you. I love the new pictures and the blog chat. I can't wait to see you and the baby. Mom
Emily! I'm so glad I remembered you had a blog. Reid is beautiful. I haven't seen him yet! And, can't get enough of your alpha bravos. You'd better make shirts. So where will you be travelling to? I can't wait to hear about your adventures. Love you.
Post a Comment