29 July 2007

Reid + thumb = BFF's




Reid has discovered that his thumb can be used as a built-in pacifier. He doesn't need a pacifier most of the time. He doesn't need one to fall asleep, and if he's fussing a pacifier doesn't really pacify him anyways. Sometimes he'll take it but keep jabbering at me all frustrated-like anyways, with the pacifier bobbing in his mouth. But he definitely needs more time suckling and so I don't have any parental objectives to a pacifier (I know some parents do, and that's okay). I've even seen him dead asleep and moving his mouth like he has a pacifier in it, but he doesn't. Lately he's been gumming his hand and getting it all slobbery...it's pretty cute. And finally, he has discovered his thumb. It's not really a comfort thing, so I'm not concerned about having a thumb-sucking kindergartner. He just needs more time suckling and his thumb seems to do the trick. Here's a cute shot of it plus some others that are just plain cute.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin