
Here is our little man. We have some really wonderful ultrasound pictures, they are just so fun to have. (you'll notice they have my maiden name on there, my military stuff is still in my maiden name. Long story, but hopefully I'll get that changed soon. At appointments they assume that I'm not taking Erik's name, and I'm like, "no...it's Emily Olsen, thank you.") The pictures are from two different ultrasounds, one at 22 weeks and the other at 25-ish. My favorite one (the one we have on the fridge) is the first one. I think it shows the profile really well. I love this shot because as soon as I saw it I squealed, "he has an Olsen nose!" I was really excited about that. I love the Olsen nose. At the second ultrasound the OB that we were with pulled up a profile shot and said, "so who's nose does he have?" I replied that he definitely had his dad's and the doctor said, "yeah...I knew it."
So we have a first name picked out that we completely love. We're naming him after Erik's paternal grandfather, Reid. I just adore Grandpa Reid. For those of you who knew her, Grandpa Reid is to the Olsen family what Grannie is to the Arnetts. So we've got the first name taken care of, but we haven't settled on a middle name. There's no dispute between any names, just haven't really settled on one. We think it would sound nice to have a two syllable name, you know...Reid "something" Olsen. Here are the names in the running so far:1. Traynor - my maiden name, it would be nice to have that side represented, but this won't be our last child so we still have time for that
2. Patrick - my father's name, such a handsome name and it sounds nice with Reid
3. Kimball - I really love President Spencer W. Kimball, he seems like such a sweet, humble man, a lot like Grandpa Reid.
4. Beckett - just because it sounds cool
5. Wolfgang - Erik has pretty much ruled this one out, but I figure that we already have a family name in there with the first name, and how much does the middle name matter anyway? Couldn't we just give him something cool? Mozart was cool.
I'm sure we'll come up with something.

2 comments:
I'm trying to see how one goes about leaving a comment.
I don't know how much my vote on the middle name counts anyways, but I'm giving a thumbs down on the Wolfgang. I like the rest, though.
Post a Comment