This lovely view is from our back porch. The street of houses that you see is the Colonels' street. All of the lights match because someone comes and puts up lights for them. How sweet it that! The street looks really pretty with all the houses with matching icicle lights. I think I was spoiled growing up in Tucson because gorgeous sunrises and especially gorgeous sunsets are just part of the desert beauty. I think I took it for granted because here, an incredible sunset like this is much more rare and I had to get a picture of it. 
Erik took this picture of trees weighed down with snow. The trees aren't very strong. I call them "pipe-cleaner trees" because they are so tall and skinny. The weight of the snow makes them bend and curve. The spruces stand up pretty straight most of the time, but the birch trees lose all of their leaves and so they bend over. Birch trees look really beautiful though, they look like gigantic snowflakes with their bare branches iced in snow. During the winter, everything we see is usually some shade of white. This picture shows a lovely scene of bluish-white.

This cracks me up and I told Erik how I giggle every time I see this sign, so he got a picture of it for me. There is a lake in our little neighborhood and this sign is right off the street, in front of the lake. Just in case you wanted to cut through a few feet of ice and go swimming in a frozen lake...read the sign, NO SWIMMING. Obviously it is for the summer months when the lake is actually water and not ice, but just the same, it cracks me up each time I see it. The other day Erik and I went for a walk around the neighborhood when he got home from work (I love evening walks) and we cut across the lake. It's pretty fun to think that I'm walking on a frozen lake. Exciting, but dangerous for my imagination.

No comments:
Post a Comment