I love me some Barefoot Contessa. I'm pretty much a believer of the saying, "never trust a skinny cook." I think Ina (THE Contessa) is just heavenly.
Not like that Giada chick. Ugh, she's annoying. "Gee-AHHD-tha" (My aunt Glenna does a mean impression, well...not mean like in unkind, but mean like in it's awesome. Maybe a little mean (the unkind one), but I don't mind because Giada drives me nuts.)
Anywho, Ina is the bomb dot com. (Annie, what is that from? You better know that one.) I love that she's pretentious. She's the perfect amount of pretentious. But, say for argument's sake that you don't like that about her, well then hear this...
She:
-worked her way from a low-level government aide to a White House Nuclear Policy Analyst
-got her pilot's license in her mid-20's
-earned an MBA from George Washington University
-"flipped" homes as a hobby and then used the money to purchase her specialty foods store, Barefoot Contessa
-has written about a billion cookbooks
-has been with husband Jeffrey (was the dean of the Yale School of Management) since they met when she was 15!
-has a rad cooking show
so she's basically awesome and deserves to be pretentious, I say.
Click on this link to see some favorite Ina quirks, you'll love it.

1 comment:
You know, after reading this I was undecided on whether ina really was pretentious. So i looked it up and pretentious was defined as "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc than is actually possessed." In that case I don't think she's pretentious at all! Certainly Martha is 1000 times worse. But I do love Ina and she has the prettiest, glossiest hair.
Post a Comment