As you might have predicted, one of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more. I'm shooting for no less than one a week. I've kind of missed it, and I get sad when I think on how much the children have grown and that you're missing it all.
So, here's a December recap:
Erik had a work thing in Texas for two weeks so we all drove to Tucson to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa Traynor while Erik was gone. We got to help Grandma decorate for Christmas and Reid found a buddy in the dancing Santa. He loved it.

My mom had a big party at her home for her brothers and sisters, called "The Brother/Sister Party", natch. I love a party, and it was fun helping her prep for things and mostly making her talk about it for hours on end. I love thinking about parties and preparing for them at least as much as the actual thing. Especially when I'm not really invited to the party because I'm neither my mom's brother, nor sister. It's pretty exclusive. Here's her dessert table, and I made the caramel apples (my new obsession - want some tips? I've got 'em.) for party favors.
And then, a few weeks later, we celebrated Christmas. Reid was obsessed with the whole Santa idea, even though we didn't push it very much. Even now, when the heater kicks on or the hot water heater makes a noise or something, he goes "Mama! It's Santa! On the roof! I can hear him!" He's so sure of it, and then we have to explain the whole thing over again. In Christmases yet to come I'd like to downplay the whole Santa thing, but I think it's something exciting that little ones really grab onto. We'll see how it goes next year.
This year Reid got a bookcase for his room and the babies got a table and chairs set that all the boys are really enjoying. Here's Reid checking out the stockings and new presents.
Grandma and Grandpa Olsen came up for Christmas and it was so fun to have them here. Here's Dane with his new pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa.
Here's Reid showing us his new finger puppets. 2009 will go down in history in our home as the year of the puppets. Reid is cah-razy about puppets and I was so jazzed when I found some cheap finger puppets at IKEA. I was double-super-hotDANG-jazzed when Jan sent the boys some fancy finger puppets. I had actually seen these online and really considered buying them, but I'm frugal (cheap) and so I didn't. But Jan doesn't do cheap (a wonderful fact that has benefited me many a time) and so my boys got lucky.
Reid checking out the traditional stocking offerings: Hershey bar, candy cane, orange, apple, toothbrush, etc. Oh, also...check out his new Crocs. I showed these to Reid online and was trying to convince him into the blue color, but he was very clear and decisive that he wanted the green color. He's so into these shoes. He wears them pretty much all day, and when anyone asks Reid what he got for Christmas, his first answer is always "my green shoes."
Here's Alec modeling the crazy cute new pajamas.
A cute shot of Grandma Olsen and her boys.

Here's Alec modeling the crazy cute new pajamas.
A cute shot of Grandma Olsen and her boys.So, that's what we've been up to.
Not pictured in this post but will be addressed in future posts:
Reid and his potty training successes and struggles (you lucky reader, you)
My tips for fantasmic homemade pizza
Erik and his dad as miracle superhero front yard landscapers
My future business (short-term)
And my future business (long-term), watch this fun video for a hint.
Oh, and my song of the month. Do you do that? Make titles for everything? I do. I have a song of the week, song of the month, song of the year, movie of the year, food of the month, all kinds of nonsense.
On my to-do list:
-Finally make the darn puppet theater so that Reid can really go to town with all of his puppets.
-Buy this pan
So I can make my own version (with this recipe) of these cuties from Williams-Sonoma.
-Buy this cool bird feeder thing (it's genius!)
So I can make my own version (with this recipe) of these cuties from Williams-Sonoma.
-Buy this cool bird feeder thing (it's genius!)-Focus on my one little word. How about you do it, too. And we can talk about it, and about how Ali is totally my guru. My word of the year is Groove. As in, 2010 is the year of "How Emily Got Her Groove Back" (just minus hooking up with some random dude in the Caribbean. I haven't seen the movie, but I get the impression that that's what it's about). Today is my first runner up word of the year. Focus is my second, and Hot Dang is my third. I have a hard time picking mantras apparently.
-Get going on my family's goal of each of us walking/running 350 miles by Christmas 2010. I have a love/hate relationship with Nike+.
-Get my sewing machine serviced so that I can make something already. Almost done with that quilt, Natalie! Hope you haven't been holding your breath! And Reid sure could use a little dude apron for helping me in the kitchen.
And the last thing for this post...a plea for help.
A while ago I came upon a cute children's clothing site and I saved some of the pictures, but I can't remember what the site is. I need help because it's starting to make me crazy. Do you have those moments? When something that totally doesn't matter, like not even a little bit, creeps into your head and you can't figure it out but you can't just forget about it and you start going crazy about it? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
So here's what you have to go on:
children's clothing site (maybe just boys, I can't remember)
and here are some pictures from a year or so ago, so these items probably aren't even available anymore.
The first person to put me out of my misery by finding this clothing site for me will win a dozen heart-shaped whoopie pies rush delivered to you. Made with love and gratitude for helping me not go crazy.......er.
Thank you.
edited to add: my brother William is the superfast superawesome winner! I had a feeling he would be. The website is bobinette, in case you were wondering.
Thanks William! Keep your eyes on your mailbox!





4 comments:
Welcome back! It's good to read your posts...I love them :) I'm really looking forward to reading about your businesses, especially after watching the video on the soda boutique ;)
And did you get a new camera? The photos are exceptional!
It's good to see new pics! I've missed eavesdropping on all your adventures. Just out of curiosity are you planning any trips to AZ this summer? If so, we need to overlap our trips so I can see you in person.
Whats up now! I want some goodies!
http://www.bobinette.com/accessories.html
Post a Comment