The month started off with a quick trip to Denver to see family, and Erik and Zach caught the Foo Fighters show at Red Rocks. Sweet.
We've enjoyed lots of Daddy and Reid time, which always produces cute pictures, so you'll see more of this adorableness. Reid loves to be wherever Erik is.
Here's Reid enjoying my rad birthday present. With weather as perfect as this, I was in the mood for a hammock. Now, I just need to deliver these babies so I'm able to get in and out of it gracefully. For now, imagine the agility of a giant sea turtle trying to get in and out.
Erik decorating my birthday cake. He was so great, and said "hey babe, I want to make you a cake for your birthday." What a lovely idea, I thought. It would have been perfect, he would have made a rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting (my birthday cake of choice) and it would have been delightful. Then I got the bright idea to make a "fancy" cake, a Martha cake. Bad, bad idea. I got the recipe for the cake and buttercream frosting from this gorgeous book, and the decoration idea from a Martha book. First problem was that I didn't realize that I don't like buttercream frosting. Why? Because it tastes like you're eating butter. Gross. Second problem was that the cake was more like a not-sweet-enough-pound-cake. So, basically like bread. Gross. After we realized that the first book's frosting was so gross, I made the Swiss meringue buttercream frosting from the Martha book. If the first one was a 2 out of 10, the Martha one was a 3. Not worth it. So...all of this work (I wimped out and only made one layer because it took so dang long for the first one and I didn't want to do it all over again) for a really gross cake. Erik and I made it through half a piece each, and then threw the rest away.
However, our cake decorating skills are improved through the experience, and I love Erik all the more for putting up with a crazy wife who takes a great idea and blows it up into something ridiculous. That's two things I'm VERY good at: the ridiculous, and achieving minimum results from maximum effort. Next year I'm going to sit back and enjoy my rainbow chip. Oh, and if you want to read an awesome post about how awesome I apparently am, check this out. (If you're interested in the stories she vaguely refers to, ask me about them. They're gems. Oh, and that picture shows me rocking the bangs. I flip-flop nearly every day about if I like bangs or not. Should we take a vote? That might help me.)
Reid is learning body parts, as in "Reid where are your feet...ears...fingers? Etc. This is the response to "Where are your teeth?"

4 comments:
I LOVE the close-up picture of Erik and Reid leaning against the fence...that's is tooooo cute! You have such a beautiful little boy. Can't wait to see how beautiful the next two are going to be. How are you feeling? You sure look good. Keep posting more pictures!
Reid is getting so big! It sort of breaks my heart a little bit.
Yay! New pictures of everyone! I can't believe how big Reid is already! Crazy how time flies. You look great too Emily! Are you counting down yet??? I'm excited to see how the babies' room will be set up - are they in their own room or in with you for a while? We miss you guys!!
Emily and Erik, Thank you for the new pictures. I love them and love seeing Reid grow up. I only wish I could be closer to all of my sweet people. Love, Mom
Post a Comment