I LOVE it.
I don't think I'll ever be a cable subscriber again. Most things we're anxious to watch we can find on the internet (conference, debates, etc.) and things we can't (BYU games) we'll go watch at a friend's house. Thank goodness for no TV, too. Otherwise, I'd only be hearing more about things that I've had enough of. Things like:
Crap TV and the poor girls that are starving themselves to be the stars. I think I'm behind on this, I think a big hoop-dee-doo was made about it a few weeks ago, but seriously...they are alarmingly skinny. Hollywood is crazy, isn't it? I've had enough of Hollywood.
I've also had enough of Hollywood talking about politics. I know that they have their opinions too, but I worry that the demographics that watch crap TV (as represented above) probably care more about what Leonardo DiCaprio says about the election than what the nominees are saying. Crazy.
As for the nominees themselves, I've had enough of them, too. I used to think that I had an insatiable appetite for politics. That I was a bottom-less pit. Not true. I have hit the bottom. I feel more and more discouraged everyday. I wish that one of these candidates could make me feel proud to vote for them. Mostly though, I just hear a lot of bickering. I've heard enough.
Do you know what I would have loved to hear, however? I would have paid money to have been able to insert Mitt Romney into the debate last night. I would love to hear him talk about the economy with these two. Oh, and if you're looking to keep that hope alive, amidst all the words, words, words that these guys are throwing out...give this a look. Makes you feel proud, right? Proud to be an American? Me too. I'd like some more of that.

3 comments:
I could not agree more with you. That is why I don't watch TV anymore. Ok well I do watch the Disney channel sometimes since we do have cable, but there is not too much that is worth while. Furthermore, it seems like almost everything represented on TV as good is really not and it something I would spend a lifetime arguing against.
i agree with everything. although I have never had an insatiable appetite for politics...i try to avoid it as much as possible. why, why john mccain?!
I agree with you Emily. Couldn't have said it better. And, those clips, I've watched them. They're great. Why are people afraid of a family-oriented, religious, inpiring, intelligent man? What's wrong with that?
Post a Comment