04 November 2007

Yoda ate the baby

Reid and I had a lot of discussions about what this year's Halloween costume would be. It was a hard decision. I mean, this is his one chance to be something funny that requires a very small size. Yoda was the very clear choice. Sadly, I didn't start sewing the costume until 4 in the afternoon...and the Ward Party was at 7. About halfway through I started thinking, "hmmm...this is looking awfully big. I cut out the right size for his weight (which is over 19 lbs. by the way, and yesterday he turned 6 mos.) but it just seems so big." Meanwhile I'm furiously sewing with pauses to feed, change and play with the baby. Bottom line, this costume could fit a 5 year old. It looked like Yoda swallowed Reid whole.
I had to roll the sleeves up a few times to try and excavate some little hands buried in the fleece costume.

However, thanks to my mother for mailing up my Princess Leia costume, I think we pulled it off. It's easy to be a hit with a cute baby and buns on the sides of your head. Words to live by.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I saw the picture of Reid and thought he was Yoda. It wasn't until I read what you had wrote that I found out it was a disguise. Awesome sewing. Also, Zach wants to borrow that costume for himself next year...please?
Natalie

joanna said...

Very cute! You make a great Princess Leia. (I don't think my Princess Leia costume would fit since I was 5 when I wore it...) but Hooray! for Reid's costume being big because there's no doubt in my mind he'll want to be Yoda as a 5 yr old!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin