It seems like a dumb idea to write about this when odds are that it's not going to happen, but I am excited about it irregardless (that one's for you, Erik) and I could care less (also for you, Erik) if I end up feeling silly for mentioning it. There is a great company called American Crafts (www.americancrafts.com) that produces lots of great scrapbooking stuff. I really like all things crafty, and scrapbooking has become a superfun hobby for me. It combines so many of my favorite things: pictures of my favorite people and places, fun papers and accessories, designing, memory keeping, writing, remembering, etc. I think it makes a special picture even more fun to look at. I've debated about the value of scrapbooking and whether or not it's actually a big, fat waste of time. But again and again I come to the conclusion that looking at a scrapbook is 100% more enjoyable than looking at a photo album. And some memories are just too precious not to preserve them. Anyway, back to the point, American Crafts is adding members to their Design Team. I don't think that it is a paid position, I think that they give you boatloads of product in exchange for creating cool things out of their products. I saw the information on their blog (http://americancrafts.typepad.com/) and set a goal to apply. Erik is really amazing for me. Two years ago I would have daydreamed about applying, but now I'm finally getting better at doing more and not living in my head so much. Actually submitting a couple things to the fair was a big step for me and I hope to keep the ball rolling with this. Odds may not be very good, but I'm utilizing my strength as the most powerful transmission tower in the universe (for you "the Secret" fans out there) and thinking positively. I decided to mention it here in case this sounded fun to anyone else, you should go for it! Also it'll be a good motivator for me to actually apply if I say here on the blog that I am going to. Here's hoping! In any case, check out their website. I love their stuff. I love how it's smart, graphic, and clean. Lots of scrapbooking lately is so messy and cluttered. I love how their company's aesthetic is simple and leaves the focus on the picture, which is the point of scrapbooking anyhow.
oh, and the little jokes to Erik are things that people say that drive us nuts. Irregardless isn't a word, and if you could care less that means that you aren't at rock bottom of not caring, so it's a silly hyperbole. Here's a cool website I found about lots of common errors in everyday English. http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html So interesting. I like to listen to Vince Guaraldi jazz (the Charlie Brown composer) and read these to Reid (who's laying on my lap) so that we can both get smarter.
04 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment