05 March 2007

nearing the finish


Today we are at week 33! It's wild to think that in a little more than a month there's going to be a baby in the house...our baby! Now that we're picking up speed towards the end, or rather...the beginning, I'm getting excited, anxious, nervous, and tired. It's really hard to imagine having a baby. Not the labor part, I don't try to imagine that part too often, it's hard for me to imagine holding a baby that's mine. I get to hold friends' babies all the time, but it's going to be wild to hold my baby. I've got a few projects left to do in the next few weeks. I have a little quilt that I need to finish. I bought some fabric to make a bedskirt and bumper with, so I need to get started on that. We found three more prints like the "Happy Landing" one, so I need to get all those framed and hung up. But, in case you were wondering, we have settled the stroller issue. It was a very hard decision for me because I don't want to end up with a gazillion strollers because that would mean that we would have purchased all gazillion of them, and it would mean that we would have to pack and move all gazillion of them each time we have a new assignment. The stroller that I loved (in theory) is still a great one. We got to see it in person when we were in Anchorage in February. There's a cute baby store there that carries the Bumbleride line and it was good to see what it can do. It wasn't as sleek as I had hoped, and it was still fairly expensive. So...after examining just what we want from a stroller, we realized that our needs would be met by two inexpensive kinds. A carseat frame for when the baby is small enough to still be in the carseat, and an umbrella-type stroller for when he is bigger. By the time he's too big for the carseat, he'll do just fine in the umbrella stroller. Both of these types will fold down compactly and they're lightweight. Perfect! Here's the carseat frame that we're getting. It has a basket and cupholders (both mentioned as necessities by our kind readers) and the carseat will just snap right in. I'm glad this stroller decision is done. I really went around in circles on that one. Be sure to check back on our blog soon, the next post will be about the cloth diapers we'll be using. They're very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, regarding the stroller,good choice. Now when Julie comes you will have a place for her drink cup as you two stroll about with the baby. Mom---

Blog Widget by LinkWithin