The birthday festivities included Bingo (with fantastic prizes), karaoke revolution (which seemed a little intimidating to most of our guests, the only ones who played it were Erik and some tiny kids who mostly just babbled into the microphone), and Win, Lose, or Draw (pictured here). I remember watching this TV show when I was sick and home from school. We just used Pictionary cards for the things to draw and I found the rules for the game on Wikipedia. It was pretty fun, and I think it will show up again some Family Home Evening night. It's a perfect FHE game. This picture shows a good view of the gorgeous necklace that Erik got for me while we were in Hawaii. It's Mother of Pearl and I think it looks like Betty Flinstone's necklace had she been lucky enough to live on Hawaii instead of Bedrock, and if she had been lucky enough to have the world's sweetest husband ever (Erik) instead of a doofus husband who's always coming home late from the bowling alley (Fred). I fell in love with the necklace as soon as I saw it. I think I could pretty much say the same about Erik.
This is the start of lighting the candles. I debated as to whether or not I should brave the notion of actually putting 31 candles on Erik's cake, or should I be conservative and just put a 3 and 1 candle on top. But of course, I am not very conservative in matters of cake, parties, and such...so I went for all 31. There are some candles that say, "Happy Birthday" and the white ones round out the grand total of 31.
More candle lighting. But this picture shows a great view of the handsome birthday boy and his awesome 'stache. It's Mustache March, of course, and I'm happy to say that I have a fun husband that participates in such silliness. It's even better looking now, it's really grown in nicely. 
A successful wish and blowout. The party was fun and we have made some really great friends here. I love times like this where we just have fun with our cool friends. There's a small ski hill on base and a great lodge next to it that you can rent out. So we rented the lodge for the night and had a ton of room all to ourselves. Erik's work buddies and their families showed up as well as friends from the ward. In the cake pictures you can see cutie Grace admiring the cake and waiting patiently for her piece of it.
I have spent a good deal of time daydreaming about what I want to eat after the baby is born. I've heard that you're monstrously hungry afterwards, and that sounds like fun to me because throughout the pregnancy eating has been a chore. It's a very sad reality for me because I've always seen food as something to be enjoyed, and now I just eat for nourishment. Nourishment only? What a bore! So my plan is that our next birthday party will be at the hospital, celebrating Reid's day of birth. I came up with this plan mostly so that I could justify getting a cake from ColdStone Creamery. Have you had one of their cakes before? They're incredible. I love cake, and this is good cake. So we'll get a fantastic cake, have a party with the nurses and any visitors smart enough to come when there's cake, and I'll finally be able to enjoy food again. At least that's the plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment