
I had the bright idea of going for a walk with Reid. I wanted some fresh (albeit freezing) air. So I put him in his snow suit and wrapped him up. Then I put my coat on over the two of us. I knew it was pretty cold outside, but I figured he was pretty bundled.

It was a little too cold outside. This is what we saw when we went out. The time of this picture is about 3 pm, and the temperature was somewhere around -30. So we went to get the mail across the street and came back inside.

Once back inside we played for a little bit. Reid takes playing very seriously, as well as crawling. The problem is that he crawls right out of his clothes sometimes. He did have on (prior to this picture) a cute little unionsuit outfit, but his feet would disappear inside of it, and then eventually peek out of the snaps in the bottom. Then the snaps would unsnap at which point the outfit is hanging on by the sleeves. This is the point when I got tired of excavating his feet out of his clothes and just took the outfit off. That made Reid even happier. Freedom!
More excitement from being free from oppressive clothing. He's in the middle of telling me all about it right here.

Reid got a new toy. Matt and Ann would call it a "chair of fun" and boy is it ever! He really digs it. One of the little toys on here has a string that you pull and it makes a sound as it retracts. Kind of like a doll with a string on the back that you pull and she says something like, "I love you." Reid just figured that thing out a few days ago, and he could pull that string all day long. He's crazy about it.

Speaking of crazy...Reid was in the kitchen with me the other day and I turned around to find this. I guess he was curious as to what the pole on the baker's rack tasted like. You know, I guess that's a good question. I have no idea what it tastes like, but now Reid does. I have so much to learn from him. Seriously though, he never stops surprising me and giving me memories to cherish and giggle about. He's such good company and I can't really remember what life was like without this perfect little guy in it.


5 comments:
I can't believe how big Reid is getting. He is entirely too cute. Seeing your little fam makes us miss Alaska SOO much. Hope you guys are doing well. We can't wait for Erik to get home!!
What great pictures of your little man. Those dimples are great and definately his Daddy's. Love, Mom
Good thing you wanted to go for a walk - I used to sometimes only check the mail every other day because that's a lot of clothes to get everyone into just to walk down the street for the mail!
I too have often wondered what the metal poles on the baker's rack taste like...when Reid learns how to talk I'll ask him to describe it to me.
That picture of Reid tasting the bakers rack... is soooo funny!! great picture emily! Way to catch those memories! that one has to go in his senior year book!
-Elana
Post a Comment